Friday, November 14, 2014

The Swinging Door

My heart breaks for my friends.
 
Last week, I received the ultimate news…one of the girls in my Infertile Myrtles group received a positive pregnancy test after her second IVF cycle.  I cannot explain what this news did to me.  I was so joyful for her.  This news gave the rest of us so much hope.

Then, the very next day, I find out that another friend is diving into this dreadful world of infertility headfirst.  So many emotions.  I am overwhelmed with sadness as I had been praying and patiently waiting for her to announce a pregnancy that I was just certain was coming.

It’s like a swinging door.  As one leaves, another enters.  If only I could find a way to allow passage out the door, never to return.  I would do that for all of you.  I would do that for me.

Just as you think that there is hope, though – “at least one of us got out” – she returns.  Eight days after she left us, that familiar face is back.  Dreams are dashed as quickly as they were given.

The swinging door cannot be going only in the wrong direction.  That would be even more unfair.

All of my friends in this fight are strong and resilient in their own ways.  All of them have changed me and taught me something.

None of them deserve this road.

I have traveled this road for over four years.  I used to be without the pain of infertility.  I used to be without wounds.  I have received wounds that began to heal just in time to open them back up again.

You grow, though.  You strengthen.  You learn to find ways to cope and live with this as your reality.  You learn to lean on others or a higher being or both.

What you never learn to do is not hurt for those that you love.  I wish this was no one’s reality.  All I can do, though, is be present in all of the ways that they have been present for me.

Some days are easier than others.  You have to appreciate those days and try to remember that another is coming when the days are bad.

Please, friends, don’t ever forget that I’m here for you with shoulders and ears given to me by my God but designed for your benefit.  We can survive this together.

And someday, we will all hopefully find ourselves on the other side of that swinging door.

************************************************

Tomorrow is our transfer.  I’m excited and apprehensive in all the ways I think I possibly can be.  Todd is still the only one to be obtaining information.  He’s been solid for me this week.  He hasn’t even begun to crack and give me any hint as to how our embabies are doing.  I am beyond grateful for him.  Please, pray for us that we have peace over this next step and that our embabies are good and strong for tomorrow’s transfer.

For the record, this round of Progesterone has been abnormally more painful than the previous three rounds.  I don’t know what’s different, but I am praying that it changes on the next shot!
 

Shot Clock:
1.       Tuesday morning, October 28 – 300 units of Follistim
2.       Tuesday evening, October 28 – 300 units of Follistim
3.       Wednesday morning, October 29 – 300 units of Follistim
4.       Wednesday evening, October 29 – 300 units of Follistim
5.       Thursday morning, October 30 – 300 units of Follistim
6.       Thursday evening, October 30 – 300 units of Follistim
7.       Friday morning, October 31 – 300 units of Follistim
8.       Friday evening, October 31 – 300 units of Follistim
9.       Saturday morning, November 1 – 300 units of Follistim
10.   Saturday evening, November 1 – 300 units of Follistim
11.   Sunday morning, November 2 – 300 units of Follistim
12.   Sunday evening, November 2 – 300 units of Follistim
13.   Monday morning, November 3 – 300 units of Follistim
14.   Monday evening, November 3 – 300 units of Follistim
15.   Tuesday morning, November 4 – 300 units of Follistim
16.   Tuesday evening, November 4 – 300 units of Follistim
17.   Wednesday morning, November 5 – 300 units of Follistim
18.   Wednesday morning, November 5 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix – NEW SHOT!!!
19.   Wednesday evening, November 5 – 300 units of Follistim
20.   Thursday morning, November 6 – 300 units of Follistim
21.   Thursday morning, November 6 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix
22.   Thursday evening, November 6 – 300 units of Follistim
23.   Friday morning, November 6 – 300 units of Follistim
24.   Friday morning, November 6 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix
25.   Friday evening, November 6 – 300 units of Follistim
26.   Saturday morning, November 7 – 300 units of Follistim
27.   Saturday morning, November 7 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix
28.   Saturday evening, November 7 – HCG Trigger Shot – Ovidrel
29.   Monday evening, November 10 – Progesterone ½ ml
30.   Tuesday evening, November 10 – Progesterone ½ ml
31.   Wednesday evening, November 10 – Progesterone 1 ml
32.   Thursday evening, November 10 – Progesterone 1 ml

2 comments:

  1. So well stated. Thank you for all you've done for me. Thinking of you. I hope yesterday went well. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on publishing just how well yesterday went. Thank you for all of your love and support! *Hugs*

      Delete